What is a Mastermind Group?
It is a committed group of people who agree to assist each other in brainstorming, education, accountability and support. The purpose of our group will be to support seasoned belly dance professionals, so that they can achieve success in their business life. “Success” is defined by each person for their own self; no two people will have the same definition of success. In Mastermind group, everyone is coaching each other, teaching each other and holding each other accountable.
Some objectives of the group might include:
- Sharing goals, success stories, and obstacles to moving forward
- Offering support and encouragement
- Helping each other with a common and specific goal
- Mutual growth of mind and spirit in an atmosphere of total trust and harmony
- Creating an environment to test new business strategies
- Sharing ideas in a creative and confidential environment.
- Holding each other accountable for achieving the goals they set
- Offering knowledge and advice, as well as perspective
- Sharing resources, books, tapes, websites, vendors, articles, etc.
- Sharing leads (“Do you know anyone who…”)
- Brainstorm the pros and cons to possible business solutions
- Sharing best practices
It is also important to make sure that members of the same group be peers in terms of experience in the business of belly dance. That is why I added the term “seasoned.” I believe we are looking for folks with a minimum of 5 years in the business of belly dance.
Personal- commitment, confidentiality, willingness to give and receive advice, support with honesty, respect and compassion
Financial- monthly payment of $40/mo for 3 months or $100 in advance
Initial time commitment- Monthly 2- hour video meeting (using Zoom) for 3 months; weekly participation in Mastermind FB group
Our meetings will initially following this format:
- Success stories
- Goals for the upcoming month
- MasterMinding/Brainstorming- also referred to as the Hot Seat, or in our case, the Glitter Seat
- Resources you’d like to share with the group
The first Mastermind group will run from Sept-Nov. For more information or an application, please contact Terri.